Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

DIY Ghost Candy Stand for Halloween 2017


Since we walk around the neighborhood on Halloween night, we leave a bowl of candy outside for the Trick or Treaters.  This year instead of just leaving my candy bowl on a stool, I quickly made this ghost candy stand at the last minute.  And I mean the very last minute.  It was 5:50pm and trick or treating starts at 6pm.  


My sister in law shared THIS cute idea from Sadie Seasongoods on Facebook and I just had to do it.  

I put a red bowl on top of a stool and draped it with an off white twin flat sheet because that's what I had on hand.


Then I put my Halloween bowl inside the red bowl and added some Duct tape I had cut into ovals for the eyes. 


I'd say this is another Pinterest success.  That makes two in one week.  I'm on a roll!  My last Pinterest success was my daughter's DIY Gumball Machine costume.  You can check that out HERE.


And speaking of costumes, here are my three youngest.  My 14 year old son decided to sit this year out.  I also added a few more decorations to the front of the house just for tonight.  


My younger daughter went as Batgirl,


and my little guy was his favorite super hero - Batman.  He ran/flew around the yard making it hard to get a picture.


Until he noticed the candy bowl.  Here he is trying to sneak a piece before meeting up with the neighbors to go trick or treating.


And here's the neighborhood gang.  These kids ran from house to house collecting candy and had so much fun.


Here's how our house looked from the street.  I'm loving the ghost candy stand and how you can see it from a few houses away.  I just might have to do this every year.  




Hope you all survived the post trick or treating sugar high.  Our kids didn't have any problems going to bed, except for the three year old.  It took an hour for him to stop coming out of his room after we put him to bed.  


Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.