Click below to shop amazon and support my blog. Thank you!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Old Fashioned Apple Crisp


What do you do when your neighbor gives you lots of apples from their apple tree?  Well, you make some yummy apple treats.  I chose to make apple crisp, but could have made apple pie, apple sauce, apple fritters, baked apples, or just eaten them plain.  I looked online for a good apple crisp recipe and decided to make THIS ONE from Life Love Liz.



Apple crisp is easy to make. 
1. Cut up the apples.  Peeling them is optional



2.  Layer your baking dish with apples.



3. Top with the cinnamon/oat mixture.  Check out this link for the recipe.



4. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes.



Look how delicious this looks.  


You could eat it straight from the oven, or add some vanilla ice cream on top.


Apple crisp and apple pie are yummy fall desserts.  I made this the other week when the weather in PA was actually feeling like fall.  Now it's back to being a bit hot and humid, but I'll take that over wildfires and hurricanes any day.



Oh, and if you are looking for a way to take your apple pies to the next level, check out these awesome pie crusts from So Yummy.  Some of them don't seem that difficult, even I might be able make them.





Subscribe to CONTROLLING Craziness and get my blog updates via email.   Don't miss anymore posts, click HERE to get email updates.